Pokemon Neo Challenges
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Neo Challenges

Pokemon Neo Challenges is a role-play web site where you can join a dorm, battle, compete in contests, and most of all, have fun!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Only the Beginning

Go down 
+6
Miyhika
Nagara
Mikala
Kaen
Pyrex
Aima
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Number of posts : 1912
Dorm : Entei Ruby
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Level: 10
Trainer Points:
Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue100/100Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 pm

((Alright kids, here’s the one you’ve all been waiting for: The next, and most likely last installment in the Mitsuki Arc.

Don’t worry, there are 11 other Hybrids I can bring in to destroy everything and everyone on the island! XD

Nevertheless, I’m going to try to leave the Hybrid out of the picture for a long while, and make it much more boring—I mean, much easier to explore the island and it’s many secrets. ^^()

Hajime!))

--------------------------

The cool whispering wind gently breezed across Tsuki Lake, picking up the mist that hovered over it and spreading it out into the edges of Harusame Forest that surrounded the lake.

It was odd.

Normally, the lake would be hot from the radiant summer sun beating down upon it all day long. Yet today, the sun had set and the thick mist accumulated over the lake almost instantly.

In the thick fog that now obscured the lake and the near-by trees, Aima sat on her knees, hands on her lap, fierce eyes gazing into the endless mist, which obscured her vision of anything farther than 3 feet away.

3 months had passed since the debate in Kaen’s office, and no sign of Mitsuki had appeared since then. And every passing second in which there was peace, Aima became more and more tense.

Her thoughts drifted, and the inevitable sank in.

“They will return... They will find you…” A pessimistic voice of reason said in Aima’s head.

She narrowed her eyes. The last thing she needed was to go and make herself more depressed and nervous than she already was.

“The moon will be rising soon.” A voice said, making the mist seem colder than before.

Natsuki leaned against a tree behind Aima, arms folded as her icy blue eyes pierced the gloom around them.

Aima said nothing, only looking to the eastern horizon, seeing a bright white blur obscured somewhat by the thick fog.

“There’s something odd about this lake…”
She finally said, looking out towards the blurred lake in front of her.

“Oh?” Natsuki asked, raising an eyebrow. “And you’re noticing this just now?”

Aima turned an amber-yellow eye towards her, looking somewhat cynical.

“Do me a favor and cut the crap. You know even if we make it, we won’t be out of the woods. They’ll find us, and they’ll all come. For all you know, she might come herself.”

Natsuki narrowed her eyes. By that tone of voice, she knew exactly who Aima meant when she said “she”.

“You don’t want that to happen, I’m sure.” Aima continued, pessimism laced in her voice.

Natsuki said nothing for a long time, until she finally said: “So why here?”

Aima raised an eyebrow, somewhat caught off guard by Natsuki’s change of subject.

“Pardon?”

Natsuki locked her eyes to Aima’s

“Why did you come to this island?” Natsuki said, her eyes practically drilling into Aima.

Aima was silent not sure how to answer, but then she turned away and gave a dry laugh.

“Heh,” She said. “Can’t really explain it. I just felt sort of a pull to this place. And the pull is so strong, I’m actually willing to face my fear and fight instead of running and leaving this place in shambles, just like all the others.”

She turned to her younger sister, her eyes drilling back into Natsuki’s.

“It’s the first time I’ve ever felt that I’ve actually had a real purpose in life.”

Natsuki said nothing, taking in the meaning of Aima’s response.

“I mean aside from our original purpose…” Aima said, drifting off into her thoughts once more.

They both peered out over the lake, their thoughts much like the fog, which surrounded them completely.

Aima’s ears then twitched, and she suddenly leapt away from the shore of the lake.

“GET BACK!” She snarled at Natsuki, pushing her back just in time to get out of the way of the jaws of a Gyarados, which just clenched tight on the thin air where Natsuki and Aima once inhabited.

It’s eyes were blood red, flashing hatred at Aima and Natsuki as it coiled back for another attack.

Aima and Natsuki leapt in different directions, as the Gyarados crashed into the trees, sending debris everywhere.

A cold, high laugh could be heard piercing the thick fog, and Aim looked up to see a figure standing on the water in the center of the lake, surrounded by light purple barrier, which illuminated all the surrounding water in a 5-foot radius.

Aima glared at the figure, knowing exactly the person who was laughing that cold, maniacal laugh.

From the center of the lake, the figure looked back, with piercing lavender eyes of madness and hatred.

((3 and 1/2 pages in MS Word, W00T! XD))
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Number of posts : 1271
Dorm : Spying
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Level: 5
Trainer Points:
Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue0/60Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (0/60)

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

((As a writer, I am impressed. Very good, Bravo. Now, one thing.... I haven't been in this whole Mitsuki arc thing, can I have a review please.

Things I Know:
Mitsuki is Bad, you have been patrolling to find her
She is connected to you, and I think Narakun, therefore she is also linked to Mikala
People fear her and she is some kind of hybrid, and there are more like her
Twizz, Kaen, Mikala, Narakun, You, and an assortment of NPC's know about here.

Am I missing anything?))
Back to top Go down
http://gamingempire.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Kaen
Ground Master
Ground Master
Kaen

Number of posts : 1312
Dorm : Darkrai Shadow
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:
Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue100/100Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:20 pm

((She's Aima's...sister I think. Not related to Narakun or Mikala at all.))

Kaen fell out of a tree and hit his head on the ground.

"Ow....I was..staking out. Saw strange readings about lake... Must've fallen asleep." he said, groaning. He stood up and saw Aima and Natsuki looking at something on the lake.
"Oh...." was all he managed to say, stunned.

((XD. I'm allowed to use Kaen for comedy relief every once and a while.))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KaenBurraku
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:23 pm

((Oh, Narakun is just pulled in with the rest of you, got it. Anything else I need to know if Pyrex wants to raqndomly jump in, pull a Wesley Crusher, and save the day.))
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 pm

((Pyrex: Thank you! ^^ I don't think you missed anything. Lawl at the Wesley thing. XD

Kaen: lawl. XD))
Back to top Go down
Kaen
Ground Master
Ground Master
Kaen

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:26 pm

((very convenient way to get int the rp too. =P))
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 pm

((It is so tempting to jump in, but I have that other RP and all. Augh! I really dun know what to do))
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:51 pm

The Gyarados crashed into a patch of trees about 12 feet away from Kaen's location, and Natsuki sprinted away from the Gyarados at surprising speeds, zooming past Kaen, saying: "Why am I not surprised?" as she passed.
Back to top Go down
Mikala
Psychic Master
Psychic Master
Mikala

Number of posts : 695
Dorm : Moltres Red Flame
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 am

(( i wanna join but i like reading it instead. :3 ))
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:20 pm

((Yes, but perhaps we should save some of the fun for Narakun when she gets back, no?))
Back to top Go down
Kaen
Ground Master
Ground Master
Kaen

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:33 pm

An earth shield formed around Kaen as the Gyarados tried to attack him. He sprinted after Natsuki and asked,
"What's that supposed to mean?"
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 pm

((Gosh, how to have a last minute jump into the RP.....))((I hope no one minds me coming in, cuz' I am, I dont know if I'll have to make last minute changes if my RP goes good or bad))

Pyrex stared over the water, he was on the other shore. He could barely make out the figures outline, but he could feel her presence. It was like a terrible musk floating over him. He felt it consume him.

He stood there feeling more fear than he had ever felt. The only time he had ever felt fear as pure was when his father had died. Pyrex couldn't think, the overbearing stench of evil was around him. Pyrex's knees gave way. He fell to the ground as he watched the
Gyarados strike at Kaen.

He had left the Dorm because he had wanted to check on some video monitors. But now this was happening, who was this figure?

The Gyarodos struck vicously, cruelty was in its fangs. Pyrex watched it from his perch on the floor, he sat there still, so still.
Back to top Go down
Nagara
Poison Master
Poison Master
Nagara

Number of posts : 458
Dorm : Suicune Saphire
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:59 pm

((should I come?))
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:02 pm

((If Pyrex can jump into a serious RP, that means anyone can jump into the RP))
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:59 pm

((Nice intro, Pyrex. O:))

"Nothing." Natsuki said, trying to focus on staying alive, and out of the jaws of the enraged Gyarados, which went back and forth between Natsuki and Aima.

Aima was running on the other edge of the shore, completely focused on staying alive. She ran incredibly fast, gaining speed at she went, and sending the pebbles that lined the shore flying behind her.

All her senses were stimulated, and ready for anything.

She then suddenly picked up a familiar scent...

'Pyrex?!" Aima thought as she tore along the shore. What was he doing here, of all places?

Realizing that she was headed straight towards him, she screeched to a halt as the Gyarados came back for her, just in time to go the other way, as the Gyarados lunged for where Aima once stood.
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:06 pm

((Thank You!))

What was happening? What was.... What was going on? Will I dream? What.... What

Pyrex came through. Suddenly he snapped back into reality. He looked around, the Monster was lunging towards Aima. Pyrex got to his feet and stepped back a bit. He was about to run, but then he had an idea.

Pyrex focused his mind, he had never tried to control a creature this big before. He closed his eyes, and waited.
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 pm

The Gyarados seemed to slow for a moment, as if mentally tugged by something, but then continued it's rampage.

The figure on the lake jerked it's head in Pyrex's direction. It sensed a feeling.... of building power?

Just to be sure, the figure looked upwards towards the Gyarados, and narrowed it's cold lavender eyes in concentration.

The Gyarados then roared, and slammed it's tail into the water, causing a wave to ripple, and permiate out through the lake until it rose up on the shore, bearing down on everyone.

A Surf attack.

Aima only just escaped the wave, leaping into the trees, knowing that if exposed to water for too long, she would surely revert into defense mode.
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:33 pm

No! too strong thought Pyrex. The figure was looking at him. Another wave of fear fell over him, he again fought it off. It was crazy, the things he was feeling, almost scary in fact. But he held. He focused all energy he could, to the point of pain. Suddenly he screamed from the pain rising in his head. Everyone stared at him, the beast turned in his direction, it growled. But then it stopped, it just stopped.

Stopping it is one thing, making it obey is another! The beast turned towards its master, almost unwillingly. But Pyrex could sense a want to kill its master, a want to kill the man who had made him suffer. He tapped that rage! The Beast Roared! It launched itself forward, sweeping its tail at the figure. The game was afoot.
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am

((I never though it's be this fun to fight over a character. O:))

Aima heard Pyrex's cry, and saw the Gyarados turn. What was going on?

The figure didn't even flinch, waving a hand, and giving the barrier a reddish tint. The Gyarados went through the barrier for a moment, doing a fair amount of damage to the figure, but was then blown back by an incredible force, twice that of the Gyarados's attack.

The water was tinted with red where the figure stood, but then it was gone in an instant, and the figure stood, as if nothing had happened.

The Gyarados was sent flying across the lake, bruised and bleeding, and crashed into the shore, aimed as Natsuki, but she escaped just in time. She wasn't nearly as fast as Aima, but she was still far faster than the average 14-year-old girl.

The Gyarados was out cold, bleeding on the shore's smooth pebbles, now spotted with blood.

The figure narrowed it's eyes in beckoning, and the Gyarados raised it's head, eyes red once more. It writhed, beached on the shore, until it slithered back into the lake.

The figure then turned it's eyes to Pyrex, and beamed a soft, angelic voice into his head.

"Do that again, and I'll kill you in a most painful and excruciating way." It said softly, and then the figure turned away.

Aima was disgusted. Enraging the Pokémon was one thing, but forcing them to fight when they were injured...
Back to top Go down
Kaen
Ground Master
Ground Master
Kaen

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 am

Kaen pulled out a Pokeball, and asked
"Is it possible to catch this? That Gyarados needs medical attention, but we can't do anything like this."
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 am

The voice in Pyrex's head, so beautiful, yet so dark and cruel. And it wouldn't go away. The command was on a set tape inside of his head. Pyrex couldn't stand. He wished he could drill it out of his head. It felt like a cold finger had stuck itself inside of his mind, and then was set a blaze. Pyrex stood there, still, tears rolling from his eyes. Who was this figure? What gave her such power and authority. Why was she inside of his brain. Where did she even come from?

"Please, Please get out of my head. I don't want to die now. I don't want to die ever. I, I'll stop, please don't kill me...."

"AIMA-CHAN! PLEASE! HELP ME!!!" cried Pyrex in pain. He focused again, he would not let them die. Was this his purpose? Pyrex focused all he could on the beast. The monster would defy its master once more. It breathed in, then out, and then it launched a Hyper Beam.
Back to top Go down
Nagara
Poison Master
Poison Master
Nagara

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 am

((ok....awkwerd time to jump in, but I would have to anyway))

Nagara came running when she detected a strong energy at the lake while she was meditating.

When she arrived and saw what was happening, she didnt know what to do for a moment, only "hide or the being in the light will kill you" poped into her head. She climbed a tall and leafy tree in a few seconds, so she could get a better view. She made almost no souond when she got to the leaves.

Going into meditation once more, she figured everything out, and knew Pyrex could use her help. Nagara got went into the deapest meditation she had done, and a strange purple/blue light surrounded her, and turned invisible heading for Pyrex.

Nagara had given him some of her aura to use for a while, and she sent a message via her aura to him. "Ive given you a big chunch of my aura. I dont think I could help anybody without it, so use it wisely, and when your.....giv.....ba"
The message faded away.

Nagara was fine, but too weak to do anything, If the gyarados were to atack her, she wouldnt be able to dodge.

((oooh...dramadic))
Back to top Go down
Miyhika
Dragon Master
Dragon Master
Miyhika

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 pm

((I live.))

Miyhika was walking through the woods quietly, contemplating her own issues. One of them was certaintly rising far above others . . .

Then, she heard a voice. "AIMA-CHAN! PLEASE! HELP ME!!!" it screamed.

Pyrex?

Miyhika closed her eyes. But the view was still there . . . she was speeding through the forest, almost as fast as Aima, but there was one thing wrong with the picture: her feet weren't touching the ground.

Suddenly, she opened her eyes, and she was on the lakeshore. An enraged Gyarados, Aima and Natsuki, Pyrex, Nagara.

She knew what she had to do.

Miyhika closed her eyes again, and floated into the air. Wind was whipping around her, and water from the lake was creating a funnel around her with the wind. Leaves from the surrounding trees joined the funnel, as did rocks and twigs.

Then, purple flame joined into the funnel.

Miyhika, in her mind, thought of the figure, Mitsuki, that had caused her friends so much pain.

Friends. Miyhika hadn't ever had things like that, besides her siblings: Raion, Yuri, Rikelle, Tanpopo, Ganjou, Shippuu. PNC had given her friends.

Right then and there, Miyhika realized she'd die for each and every person at PNC.

Then, a huge ball, composed of the purple flames, wind, water, and rocks broke away from the funnel, and flew, impossibley fast, towards the figure controling the Gyarados.
Back to top Go down
Aima
Fire Master
Fire Master
Aima

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Natsuki kept up with Kaen, answering his question. "Could be, but she might start to control another one." She said.

Aima turned her head in Pyrex's direction, hearing his cry, then she realized what the Gyarados was doing...

The Hyper Beam shot straight, crackling with raw energy. Suddenly, purple flame mingled with the Hyper Beam, and the figure widened it's eyes as the beam of energy and scorching purple flame was shot towards it.

The beam hit the shield, and the figure, at the last second, waved a hand, and raised another layer of the shield barely in time.

"Magic Coat." Natsuki said, eyes locked on the scene before her.

The Super Purple Flame Hyper Beam reflected against the shield, and barely missed the Gyarados, burning a clear path through the forest behind them.

Aima looked up to see Miyhika, and smirked, glad to have reinforcements.
Back to top Go down
Pyrex
Raikou Amber Student
Raikou Amber Student
Pyrex

Trainer Bio
Pokémon:
Trainer Points:

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 pm

((Heh, the beginning of the post you say that you live, the end you say you will die, what a charming world))

Suddenly Pyrex felt charged. This was a different kind of energy. He had never held so much Aura before. His mind was clear. He looked over at Nagara and smirked. Well thanks, this is going to tip the tides, finally showing some usefulness. Pyrex saw that the Gyarados was stunned, this was good time to regroup. His feet began to glow a soft blue. In a second he was near the limp Nagara-Chan and in another he had her behind some tree cover.

"Thanks, but how did you? Never mind..." said Pyrex. He jumped again, now he was on the other shore.

"Guys, I dunno whats going on, but you guys have to do something, the Gyarrados looks like its in sorry shape. Quick! He's gonna destroy the island!" yelled Pyrex, maintaining his masquerade. Pyrex knew one method of taking down the beast, but it was defintiely a risk. He focused his mind again. It was much easier thanks to the loaned aura. He focused on the creatures aura, and shattered it. Suddenly the creature fell into the water, screaming. Pyrex had knocked it out, which was a lucky break for both of them.

((Epic, No?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Only the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only the Beginning   Only the Beginning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Only the Beginning
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next